Preparing your Home for Photographs
Are you looking to maximize the value of your home while minimizing its number of days on the market? Now more than ever, potential home buyers start their journey online. With that in mind, it’s essential to make sure your home looks great in photos. Follow these tips to make sure you’re setting yourself apart in this competitive market and make your home look its best in photos!
Follow these tips to prepare your home for the best real estate photos possible.
- CLEAN, make sure the house is spotless (vacuum carpet, mop hard floors, clean countertops, clean windows)
- Remove small floor rugs to reveal actual flooring
- Use bulbs of the same temperature (Preferably soft white)
- Remove or hide all family photos and religious artifacts.
- Eliminate clutter and re-arrange furniture to make rooms appear larger.
- Keep the Kitchen counter clear and clutter free. Store away all small appliances. Remove magnets from the Fridge and ensure stainless steel is polished.
- Hide pet food or water bowls, beds and toys.
- Ensure bathroom is cleaned(floor, mirror and counter), remove floor mats and ensure toilet seat is down.
- Ensure electrical, telephone and cable wires are hidden.
- Ensure windows and reflective surfaces on the property are polished.
- For all bedrooms, make all beds, replacing linens with modern, crisp, clean linens and pillows cases, and keep end tables free of clutter.
- Place all shoes/jackets in closets
- Remove cars from the driveway and park away from the property.
- Fix stains or any damages on the driveway.
- Ensure all clutter is removed or hidden away. Including garbage cans, toys and other distractions.
- Weed the garden and mow the lawn.
- Trim hedges and bushes if needed.
- Remove empty planters
- Remove Christmas lights (If it’s not the season)
- Clear pet waste
- Remove visible water hoses
- Put pillows/cushions on patio furniture